vid tx question

OzFlyer

I bought this vid tx from Range Video quite a while ago and am planning on using it with scherrer long range.

It is 2.4ghz, but it is not the aerial video system. That was not available at the time. So will I have to cut the wire and put my own connectors on it?

Attachments

Last edited:

OzFlyer

Hi Kelly,
The tx is 500mw and yes now I'm looking at getting into some more serious range so high gain antenna rx is the plan. Camera is dx201...12v.

So if I was to put these wires into a servo lead connecting to rvosd I put the ground to ground, and which pins do the other colours go to? Middle or light colour side??

Cheers

CaptnKliegle

I bought this vid tx from Range Video quite a while ago and am planning on using it with scherrer long range.

It is 2.4ghz, but it is not the aerial video system. That was not available at the time. So will I have to cut the wire and put my own connectors on it?

Your Video TXR - RV OSD Video Output (3 conductor servo type connector)

Black - Black (GND, Near edge of circuit board on OSD of Video out)
Red - Red (middle pin of video out
Yellow - White or Orange or ??? (inside pin of 3 conductor connector)
(can be any color, depends upon where the jumper is
purchased.)
White - To optional Micrphone (audio from mic goes to white to be transmitted along with video)

Does that help? Hopefully the columns and Tabs formatted properly.

Kriss

OzFlyer

Ok so from tx I use a 3 wire conductor. (Servo lead connector) so which pin can the white go to?

CaptnKliegle

Ok so from tx I use a 3 wire conductor. (Servo lead connector) so which pin can the white go to?
White lead is for microphone audio, the lead from an external microphone (like the ones RV sells) would go to the white wire. Audio ground would have to connect to the video TX Ground (Black).

Audio from the aircraft is a neat feature.... allows you to hear the servos (monitor for glitches/twitching), motor (monitor ESC cutout), and wind noise (airspeed). Some of the video TXR's that RV sells has the mic attached to the TXR. Otherwise, RV sells the external mic such as this:

http://www.rangevideo.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_33&products_id=163

Once again, only three conductors (servo lead)... Vdc +, Ground, and audio out.

Kriss KA1GJU

OzFlyer

Ok:) Understand now. Thanks to you both for being patient. I was spoiled on my last setup with the plug and play tx.