The QueenBee, an step ahead of my Maxi-Swift

arfonzo

Me gusta el vídeo, me gusta el avión ... me gusta todo .... me suscribo al post ....

Saludos.

Arfonzo.

arfonzo

I made a new firmware and using a second current sensor plugged on the RSSI/temperature input. No problem if you use EZUHF or FRsky RSSI. Need some hardware modifications to the standard current sensor also. I will made this feature available on the next patch to release.
Alex ...

If we use the RSSI input to the second current sensor, then lost the rssi.
If we use the CPPM we have RSSI level ?.
And if we use CPPM then lost channels to Pan Tilt and flaps ......

Regards.

Arfonzo.

mattyttv

Hi Alex, I am very interested to learn how you have set up your dual V8R7SP. do have images online somewhere? Or is it as simple as binding two rx and running all used servo channels in parallel with y connectors? Also what vtx freq and MW are you on? 1.2G?? if so are you running a low pass filter?

forrest12

Congrats Alex
Your a true pioneer mate, Pushing 2.4Ghz out that far is awesome.
Are you running the standard antennas on the V8R7SP's?

Alex Villa

Super Moderator
I am using laptop antennas:
IMG_4916b.jpg

This: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-TYCO-Laptop-WIFI-Wireless-Mini-PCI-E-Internal-Antenna-Intel-6250-6230-6235-/200864689685?pt=US_Directional_Network_Antennas&hash=item2ec477ee15

And this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Laptop-Wireless-Mini-PCI-PCI-E-Internal-Antenna-Free-Shipping-/200787123259?pt=US_Directional_Network_Antennas&hash=item2ebfd85c3b

Not 100% sure, but I think the second ones are better. Keep in mind that antennas have to be placed(they have one sticky side) over a good dielectric. If placed over conductive surfaces will not work properly.

The Vtx used is 1.16Ghz 1500mW.

beginer

Its alive!! Had allmost given up on this thread, anyway happy new year to every one!!
So how about some new flight videos Alex for the new year. I would still like to see a walk through of all the different special sollutions and tricks you used on this projekt, I'm guessing I'm not the only one.
P

Alex Villa

Super Moderator
At this moment the season is close to the winter solstice. So I am waiting for conditions to improve. Last flight I did was practicing thermaling. And probably the next 2-3 month will be doing the same. The good season for solar power starts on April.

forrest12

I am using laptop antennas:
View attachment 2093

This: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-TYCO-Laptop-WIFI-Wireless-Mini-PCI-E-Internal-Antenna-Intel-6250-6230-6235-/200864689685?pt=US_Directional_Network_Antennas&hash=item2ec477ee15

And this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Laptop-Wireless-Mini-PCI-PCI-E-Internal-Antenna-Free-Shipping-/200787123259?pt=US_Directional_Network_Antennas&hash=item2ebfd85c3b

Not 100% sure, but I think the second ones are better. Keep in mind that antennas have to be placed(they have one sticky side) over a good dielectric. If placed over conductive surfaces will not work properly.

The Vtx used is 1.16Ghz 1500mW.
Alex thanks for taking the time to share your work.

What did you use as your Dielectric? Fiberglass any good? plastic?
Looks like you've used the foam for RX2?

arfonzo

A solution around losing p/t and flaps when using cppm, you can still use channels directly from Rx. So I have my Rx connected to rvosd via cppm then unused channels are used for p/t & flaps connected to Rx and set to neutral failsafe
Cheers
Lee
Thanks MrLee.

I did not know that. But in any case, i´m using a receiver of 4 channels, that can can be converted in CPPM .....

I think, now is when i have to change to a LRS sistem.

Thanks again.

Arfonzo.

imperativeoz

Alex you are the man! I joined this site and subscribed to your YT channel to follow your work. I have not got my first FPV yet, I will build it next month. But I am certain that at some point I will try mimic your setup with the Queen bee flying wing

Alex Villa

Super Moderator
What did you use as your Dielectric? Fiberglass any good? plastic?
Looks like you've used the foam for RX2?
The wing is foam covered with Fiberglassing. I just taped the antennas to it. The vertical antenna pod is carbon fiber, so I taped the antennas making sure the radiating element is surrounded by air.

Alex Villa

Super Moderator
I had set the elevons flush with the bottom. However the elevator control is not that much critical assuming you set the CG properly.
I don't remember exactly but on mine the CG is set a bit tail heavy compared with the recommended on the manual. And this is with 4X3S 5000mAh batteries at the most frontal position that allows for them to be inside the thickness of the bare wing.

Abi Ghiffa

Hi Alex, I am very interested to learn how you have set up your dual V8R7SP. do have images online somewhere? Or is it as simple as binding two rx and running all used servo channels in parallel with y connectors? Also what vtx freq and MW are you on? 1.2G?? if so are you running a low pass filter?
I think he has the first Rx configured with PPM1 input, and the second Rx with PPM2 input.
Hi Alex,..
Great job

I follow this from your YT videos,..and only one make me curious is how to setup 2 receiver for your flight
also i read all post in this topic but i can not figure it out how you do this, it's a feature of RVOSD ? because you state in previous post "already explain in instruction"

I plan to buy the RVOSD later on after i have confidence and enough knowledge from your explanation...

Thank you

Alex Villa

Super Moderator
RVOSD gets the output from the receiver using Pulse position modulation(PPM) mode. This way you can use only one physical channel to input up to 12 channels to the autopilot. RVOSD has two of this inputs and will change to the second input(receiver) if the first one goes on to failsafe, if the second one also goes on to failsafe, then it will set RTH mode.

forrest12

I love this feature and im going to use it as soon as the antennas you reccomended turn up, Goint to be a bit of fun re routing a second set of pwm flap and p&t wires :( the ppm is too easy though, Also Alex do you trust the BEC in your Kforce 100, or do you run a separate one?

Last edited: