Stabilize AHI

OzFlyer

I was sitting waiting for gps to lock. Everything was fine when ahi started going crazy. I aligned with horizon, which didn't help. I restarted OSD and also didn't help. I then flew anyway hoping it would settle, but never did over a 20min flight. Is there anything I should be doing?

Alex Villa

Super Moderator
Things that could cause this is if the OSD was not steady during the first 30 seconds. This could cause the gyros to initialize on wrong values. Or if you are using the 5V power supply, overloading it.
Else is just hardware failure.

Maybe more information about your setup could help me get a better idea.

OzFlyer

I have OSD located in canopy of Cularis glider. I have tried to suspend it with rubber bands in there. I use 12v vid tx, two 12v cams connected to cam switch. I have 4 cell main batt and 3 cell aux.
The AHI seems to be good when I first turn on then after a while is not happy and goes crazy. The OSD is not perfectly still when I first plug in during the first 30 sec, but after I have got canopy latched down I recycle power.
Maybe I will try this.....plug in and don't touch for first 30 sec??

OzFlyer

Ok I just tried what u said and seemed to be fine. I have to sit canopy still for 30 sec before I attach. Thanks Alex.