RVOSD G5-G6 instructions (work in progress...)

Discussion in 'RVOSD' started by Alex Villa, Jun 20, 2011.

1. IMEIV

IMEIV Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Ravenna, Italy
    Please Reznikvova can you help me with Pitot measurement problem ?

2. Alex Villa

Alex Villa Super Moderator

Oct 16, 2008
    Dominican Republic
    This can be few things. Defective pitot, problem with hoses, a powerfull video transmitter close to RVOSD, defective pressure sensor...

3. IMEIV

IMEIV Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Ravenna, Italy
    A powerfull video trasmitter I don't think because VtX is on the tip of the wing while RangeVideo is in the fusolage. Hoses lenght about 22cm. I can say that Ground blowing with the mouth in the pitot works properly so I suppose the hoses are placed in the right sensor holes.
    What can only create an incorrect indication in flight ? And what can I do to solve the problem ?

4. Alex Villa

Oct 16, 2008
    Dominican Republic
    A defective pitot maybe.

5. IMEIV

IMEIV Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Ravenna, Italy
    I have another Pitot that I'm mounting on another plane. I'll try with it and I'll tell you what will happen. By the way, which can be the maximum length of the tubes ?

6. Alex Villa

Oct 16, 2008
    Dominican Republic
    Not sure how long tubes may affect this. But my guess is that for our models the the usual tube lenght even at the wing tip should be ok.

7. IMEIV

IMEIV Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Ravenna, Italy
    Ok I'll do some test with another RV Pitot tube in my next model almost ready to make a comparison with that in the other model that doesn't work. And I'll tell you what will happen.

8. IMEIV

IMEIV Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Ravenna, Italy
    #1128 IMEIV, Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    board_bottom.jpg
    Hi, if Roll and Pitch for Camera Stabilization are placed on the bottom of RVOSD 6. Where is it located the YAW AXIS ?
    I soldered wires in the points indicated in the photograph but with great surprise when I connected them to the gimball the PITCH axis corresponds to YAW... How is it possible ? And at this point where is the PITCH ?

9. Alex Villa

Oct 16, 2008
    Dominican Republic
    Check the first message of this thread, under the "Camera stabilization(From firmware version 5.07 and 6.00):" part. Yes, the "servo pitch" label is wrong on the board version #6.

10. IMEIV

IMEIV Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Ravenna, Italy
    Thanks Alex. Ok but I don't understand where is the channel of Servo Pitch. It's in signal wire of Auxiliary Imput ?

11. Alex Villa

Oct 16, 2008
    Dominican Republic
    Goes to the input/output labelled: Auxiliary input/Camera pitch/OUT5

12. IMEIV

IMEIV Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Ravenna, Italy
    Ok thanks but if I use "Auxiliary input/Camera pitch/OUT5" for Camera PITCH where I plug the Auxiliary input to change the OSD screens and activate/deactivate autopilot modes ?
    I remember that although I work in PPM Auxiliary Input need to be connected with a single wire to receiver. Is it right ?

13. Alex Villa

Oct 16, 2008
    Dominican Republic
    If you use rvosd in ppm input mode, the auxiliary input is free to be used as output.

IMEIV likes this.
  14. IMEIV

IMEIV Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Ravenna, Italy
    Ok thanks tomorrow I'll try.

15. IMEIV

IMEIV Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Ravenna, Italy
    I have finished my MINITALON and installed RVOSD 6. I have done all my setup without any problem.
    While I was doing my maiden unfortunately I have a problem. I could set my cruise throttle but not my glide throttle.
    My glide throttle is set at 1.10ms and I can not change it how I did in the past. I use Ruddervator mode and Throttle Control FIXED.
    Instead I use another RVOSD 6 but in a Ranger FPV plane in Regular Airplane Mode and I can set cruise throttle and glide throttle.
    Why can not I set Glide Throttle in Ruddervator mode ?

My both osd version is :
    Video:
    Sensor:

Thanks