Yep, this is really key. I had two crashes because of freaking out and flicking the switch the wrong way+1. Absolutely. Be well practiced in toggling the 3 position switch so that you can return to normal flight mode without thinking about which way to flick.
Sometimes stuff happens and you need to be able to bail out instantly. EG none of the a/p mode will be able to handle a spin. FBW will actually make it worse by trying to pitch the nose up, regardless of how much down elevator you put in.
IMG_1340.jpg is OK, it always gives a error of verification only with one of the boards, I can not remember if it is with the Main, or Graphics board.Purchased RVOSD 6, but could not use it due some problem in the RVOSD, best known to the manufacturer. I am not getting any fruitful help from the super modulator. He is giving some general instruction which is of no use as even after passing weeks together by RVOSD is not operational. The problem from the instruction given by Alex are as follows:
1. The thread given to down load Picket 2 v2.61 is not working (the link belongs to 2008)
2. I down loaded the software v2.61 from forum but when installing the firm ware for the Video board, the message displayed at the end "verification of configuration failed". When the roved is re-powered (cycled) again the screen is screen 0, with remote when screen is switched to 2/4 at call sign 000000/on screen, but from there when r/c wizard is selected to execute ,it switches to debug screen again.
3. It is obvious that RVOSD is very clumsy and problematic OSD and without proper customer support system.
4. It seems I will forced to ground RVOSD 6, as I am not getting any support from super modulator.
5. The Pickit 2 v 2.61 I am using is https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5c8nr5mhcaoex5z/AAC-98nkqbvsVWUSrbtwtFxza?dl=0
6. Various screen shot are View attachment 3029 View attachment 3031View attachment 3032View attachment 3033View attachment 3033View attachment 3032
Mine is RVOSD 6, and some where I read that RVOSD 6 does not require an unlock code, do I still need to send a PM to Alex?IMG_1340.jpg is OK, it always gives a error of verification only with one of the boards, I can not remember if it is with the Main, or Graphics board.
All your other screenshots are normal as far as I can tell, at least after a firmware upgrade. Your graphics are locked, you have to send Alex a PM with the ID in it (see IMG_1345.jpg). AS PER INSTRUCTIONS ! http://www.rangevideo.com/forum/showthread.php?814-Latest-firmare-version-for-your-OSD&p=6834#post6834
Read from: "-After this you have to cycle power to the OSD, so it restarts etc etc. "
Use the "search" function in forum, type "flashing instructions" and you will find everything you are looking for.Thanks a lot Viper1, with your guidance only I came to know that even with the configuration verification error the software was updated. I think this should be included in the instruction if it is normal feature. Unnecessary I did wasted my time searching here and there.