RVosd and 9XR

Martin Y

Anybody have a 9XR set to operate the rvosd. And if so, mind sharing your settings. I can get the 3 way working but not the failsafe using under throttle.

CarlosLeq

I'm using it.
RangeLink + 9XR...

Im Using over throttle, but is easy, as the config thread says...
But yes... depend on the Tx you are using (as i said im using RangeLink) the ppm stream that came out from 9XR into the RangeLink just goes 100%.
If you put it over 100% it will not do anything (i think is the same under -100%).

So i config the throttle to max travel 93%... RVOSD to go to failsafe on 96% and the failsafe on RangeLink to 100%.
Just be carefull to put Max Travel (Weight) on the 9XR < failsafe detect, otherwise you will get full throttle to failsafe (or in you case that wants under throttle, then always, with throttle down, it will get failsafe)

Remeber to that after done this, calibrate your ESC to save the max travel of your throttle so you will not lose the max power from you motor.

Any doubts, write back or pm

Martin Y

Thanks Carlos,
I figured it out. I'm using Ranglink also. I had the limits function in the remote turned off. Had to read the manual 2 pages back:rolleyes:. I can now either turn off the remote or flick a switch to get RTH to function. I use the "below throttle" set-up so I don't hack off my fingers by mistake.

CarlosLeq

Great Martin.
I think is the same...
you will never go to full throttle to go to failsafe or under throttle. the idea is to have a place on the throttle range that the radio never access.. but the failsafe detector does.
Be carefull overlaping the signal on the ppm string from one channel to another... make tests putting the channels that you have over 100% to max and looks if that affect other channels.
Good Fly!

Martin Y

Really starting to love this OSD. I only have the G2 but I now have it to the point where I can let the plane land itself in FBW mode. Just have to line it up and let it come in. Me's thinking a G6 is in my future. This weekend is looking great for a holiday weekend. I should have some video's coming.

ommadawn

Have you converted the G2 or still running the IR sensors? Ya gotta get a G5. No dates for the G6 but based on previous releases, well dont hold your breath. Alex wont rush and we want it done right. G5 is great. I do the whole flight in FBW. Landings are a snap. Just line it up and dont forget to flare.
I just received a 9X, and have the smartiepants board on order, as well as some slide pots for tilt. Might keep the 9X for the G6 telemetry system.

Martin Y

I did the conversion when it first came out(good thing, maybe called a G5 now). I haven't needed to flare it yet. It settles down quite nicely. It's installed in a Twinstar, glider will be a winter project. Get the 9XR, adding telemetry is an easy mod.