RVOSD almost to space

Dionysos

I always feel very small when I see this. Sky going black, amazing.

One idea that I would probably try to include is a valve. The helium balloon essentially bursts because the gas expands. In higher altitudes the density is low, so you can get away with releasing helium and you could achieve an even higher altitude.

I have tried to find an answer on "where does space start", there is no clear definition, but having some solid fuel go off to go really go far in 10km, is another thing...

commercial planes do 30-33k feet, about 11km. funny that those 3km more make the sky so dark.

Dio

Martin Y

Indeed. They use 100 km as the start of space. Here's something to comtemplate in feeling small. Take 2 pepper corns and place one at your feet. Now drive 550 km's away and place the second one down. That represents the distance from our sun (first pepper corn) to the next closest star to us(second one).

ommadawn

Looks nice and quick Martin. FBW should settle her down. Just keep the trim speed up and look out for tip stalls.

Pegru

Arouse my curiosity how FBW will handle twitchy response that is part of Fox design.

Martin Y

That was the first time it flew. Didn't adjust trims at all and no expo yet. FBW will sweetin it up.

Higgy

Pretty cool, Martin. Like Frank said, nice and quick. I thought winter came early to Ontario this year, hope you get some more flying time.

Martin Y

Pretty cool, Martin. Like Frank said, nice and quick. I thought winter came early to Ontario this year, hope you get some more flying time.
Thanks, Oh yea it did come early then all melted. Now below freezing again and going to 50 for Sunday. Can you say roller coaster. Weather good for foam but not for fiberglass. Hope to get some flying in. Did one a couple of days ago with a Windrider 2.2 m Swift S1. Will post video tomorrow.