Rvlrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

reznikvova

Administrator
Staff member
The RVlink product does the following functions:
1. Spectrum analyzer in the 433MHz band.
2. RVOSD 'radar' communications between other RVOSDs nearby.
3. Long range R/C control.

The transceivers on the air end and on the ground side are identical, but you need an additional daughter board to interface the ground end with an R/C controller.
This daughter board, is the board we are waiting on now, to release the RVLINK for sale.

On the air end, the RVLINK can be soldered directly to the top side of the RVOSD.

We should have samples of the daughter board by Tuesday this week. They are with DHL already.

It's true that the RVLINK transceivers have been ready for a couple of months ,but they cannot be used as LRS control system without the daughter boards. You could only use the spectrum analyzer function and OSD radar.
Majority of customers are waiting to use the RVLINK for its' long range R/C control capabilities.
Our logic was, better keep waiting but receive full featured product at the end.

Alex did push me to release the transceiver modules separately, but we decided against it.

Here is what the release of the RVLINK should look like now:
Dec 22- 26th . Alex and I confirm the daughter board samples.
Jan 1- 15 production and shipment of the mass produced daughter boards
Jan 15- 20th test flying and final firmware revision to the RVLINK

Provided successful testing, we could envision selling in February.

Best,
Vova
vova@rangevideo.com

viper1

Thank you for a clear explanation, I'm in the market for a LRS now (that's the reason my decision went to buying the RVOSD back in February) and I was about to go with EzUHF, but I can wait till Feb.
Can you tell me if it will feature a head tracking port? and in what package will it be on the ground side, like a module fitting in JR type Tx's like FrSky Taranis? :eek: (pushing my luck here...)
Also; Wattage?

Thanks in advance

Shadowolf

Will you have enough boards to meet the demand of all of us waiting on the boards? Or if we miss the first batch we will have to wait several more months till the next batch?

reznikvova

Administrator
Staff member
Hi All,

Update to the RVLINK status.

We are behind this schedule:

Dec 22- 26th . Alex and I confirm the daughter board samples.
Jan 1- 15 production and shipment of the mass produced daughter boards
Jan 15- 20th test flying and final firmware revision to the RVLINK

The production has been completed and the hardware is working OK .
What is left to do is:
finish the firmware and manufacture the aluminum case for the transmitter side.

Alex will update the firmware status and I will update the status of the enclosure after the Chinese New Year.

bovick

Any chance of being able to use an OpenLRSng tx with these? i already have dragonlink and OpenLRSng hardware at this point (while waiting for RVLINK).. it would be nice to not have to have yet another TX thingmajig.

edge540t

Hola Alex,
¿Tenéis alguna fecha definitiva de cuanto saldrá a la venta el transreceptor y el RVINK? Y lo mas importante para mi. ¿Será compatible con la emisora Multiplex RoyalEVO ?

snipercz21

I hope it will be soon.This month is has been beautifull no wind clear skies and its starting to be warm and im siting on the ground looking up and thinking how would it look from up there.I hadnt been flying since june last year because my old LRS broke and i didnat have the spare money for new one.And then they anounced RVLINK in like january.And its almost may...
So i hope it will be soon i cant wait to go and fly again.

Alex Villa

Super Moderator
Ok Rvlink status:
Rvlink Rx unit(transceiver board attached to RVOSD6), This is Rx3 on the screen
Also one of the market LRS with CPPM out plugged to Rx1 input on RVOSD, all this was mounted on an RVjet:RVlink4.jpg
Rv link Tx repeater unit properly wired, CPPM or S-BUS receiver attached to input, Antenna and battery connected: RVlink1.jpg
Flight started:Rvlink3.jpg
Range achieved, Rx1 signal was gone at around 4km. RVLink signal still strong at 28km:RVlink.jpg

The beta tester RVlink unit was killed by static electricity while handling it, also another unit damaged while shipping. So we decided that we do need to sell the units cased.
Vova did his magic and this is the sample case:CNC case-1.jpg

Now waiting for this story to finally end :)

viper1

The beta tester RVlink unit was killed by static electricity while handling it, also another unit damaged while shipping. So we decided that we do need to sell the units cased.
Just for dummy's like me, what does that mean, is that the board on the TX side yes? The RX can still be piggy-backed to the rvosd I hope?

snipercz21

What antena will the RVLINK have?And how many?I have one dipole with SMA conector, otherwise i would have to buy or build a new one.Thank and keep doing good work

Status
Not open for further replies.