Problem with Fly-by-Wire

Discussion in 'RVOSD' started by Sergey, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Sergey

Sergey New Member

Apr 12, 2018
    Male
    Hi,

I use the RVOSD v6 on a RVJet. The "Return to home" mode works perfectly. But I have a very strange problem with the "Fly-by-Wire" mode.

It appears to be working on the ground. If I move the sticks, the ailerons deflect in the correct direction. If I tilt the plane, ailerons deflect in the opposite direction to compensate.

However, if I turn the "Fly-by-Wire" mode in flight, the plane becomes stabilized but it does not react on the sticks. The plane swings a bit if I move a stick to the max but that's all. What is wrong? What parameters should I check?

Best regards,
    Sergey

2. cadders

cadders Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    UK
    You just need to go into the autopilot menu and change the orientation that the aileron (roll) is currently set at.
    Cadders

3. Sergey

Sergey New Member

Apr 12, 2018
    Male
    I am not sure that I understand. What orientation?

According to the manual:
    Everything works exactly like the manual says. And the plane returns home perfectly if I turn the RTH mode on.

And it is stable as a rock in the FBW mode. The problem is that it is way too stable :) and does not react to the stick deflections in flight when the FBW mode is engaged.

4. cadders

Oct 8, 2009
    UK
    #4 cadders, Apr 14, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    In AP menu 1/3....Have you increased the max roll angle? I usually have mine set to 60deg from memory.
    You might want to increase your Max Pitch angle as well if you haven't.
    Cadders

5. cadders

Oct 8, 2009
    UK
    If this isn't the case then try uploading a video to you tube and putting the link here to show the problem.

6. Sergey

Sergey New Member

Apr 12, 2018
    Male
    Most of the parameters have default values.

Thank you! I will try.