PPM output

OzFlyer

Am I right in saying I will only need one lead from the RVOSD to the Dragonlink rx?

Thanks,
Justin

Funky Diver

So now the BIG question, and I haven't got one so I haven't tried it...

Say I were to use a 4channel PPM enabled receiver, seeing as the PPM is carried on one channel, would that then operate, for example, all the necessary channels out of RVOSD and leave the other 3 channels available for use (provided channel mapping is done on Tx of course)

Just a thought :)

Alex Villa

Super Moderator
Yes of course. You can assign every channel on the PPM string to RVOSD. But all the channels are also available on the regular receiver outputs.

MikeHelimad

Hi . I am still confused about the PPM setup. I have read and re-read the instructions. I have RVOSD v5 and a PPM reciever, and I want to use RTH.
Sorry if this is answered somehere else in this forum, but I am getting no valid results on the forum search.
If I choose to route the primary flight control outputs and the throttle from the reciever through the RVOSD, do i still have to configure the PPM channel mapping in the RVOSD?
Secondly How do i actually set up loss of signal to engage the autopilot since I am not using PCM?
Confused!

Thanks

SpookiePower

Have you done the R/C Wizard ? If you turn off the Tx, RTH should be activated - remember to remove the prop before testing.

Are you unsure, if you should enter the "PPM Configuration" menu ? As I remember, you have to enter this menu to do some settings.

On page 4/4 you have to set "Rx input type" to "Combined PPM", else it will not work with PPM.

OzFlyer

Yes of course. You can assign every channel on the PPM string to RVOSD. But all the channels are also available on the regular receiver outputs.
So I have just got my OSD and am a bit confused. Do I actually gain extra functions from the unused ports on my ppm receiver? Since there is now throttle, elevator, aileron and rudder going through ppm can I plug another servo into those ports and have it do something completely different?
Probably sounds silly, but trying to get my head around this ppm thing:)

lrrps

So I have just got my OSD and am a bit confused. Do I actually gain extra functions from the unused ports on my ppm receiver? Since there is now throttle, elevator, aileron and rudder going through ppm can I plug another servo into those ports and have it do something completely different?
Probably sounds silly, but trying to get my head around this ppm thing:)
Sure you can assign a fonction to each of the other outputs of your PPM receiver, I assigned a switch on my TX to activate a buzzer but you have to tell the RVOSD which output it is, you do so in the RVOSD menu using its remote control.