No GPS Lock

davisn44

Hey guys, reoccurring issue here. I am unable to get a satellite lock even after 15-20min of sitting in an open field. I have copper shielding on my Vtx which is about 2ft in the wing anyways. I also have copper shielding on all power wires, ESC, and a few long servo wires. Im using 1.3ghz for video and a dragon link (antenna in other wing about 3 feet away).

Last edited by a moderator:

bovick

Hey guys, reoccurring issue here. I am unable to get a satellite lock even after 15-20min of sitting in an open field. I have copper shielding on my Vtx which is about 2ft in the wing anyways. I also have copper shielding on all power wires, ESC, and a few long servo wires. Im using 1.3ghz for video and a dragon link (antenna in other wing about 3 feet away).
I've been there. It's possible that it's RF interference, but generally the GPS is trash. It is one of RVOSD's definite weak spots. Isolate it away from any other sources of RF and see if works better..

I really wish I hadn't bought so many RVOSD units... very little development, and very late whenever anything is actually developed. I guess the sales for other items through the site have done well and the owners are either content or maybe have other things going on in life.

RVOSD had/has lots of potential, but right now really maybe the smarter move would be making a custom ardupilot board with integrated OSD/power/filters... but likely won't happen. sigh