latest flight today

Ken Crawford

Excellent Martin, thank you for sharing.

Do you have a website where you detail your setup?
Also, what is your method for entering autopilot modes and leaving autopilot modes?

Thanks,

Ken

Alex Villa

Super Moderator
Excellent Martin, thank you for sharing.

Do you have a website where you detail your setup?
Also, what is your method for entering autopilot modes and leaving autopilot modes?

Thanks,

Ken
If you read here you can find this:

Auxiliary channel:
The auxiliary channel can be used to change the OSD screens, and activate/deactivate autopilot modes. On a change from less to more than 1.85mS it cycles screens. On a change from more to less than 1.35mS it toggle autopilot mode.
It needs a three position switch assigned to this channel. Each time you toggle up you will cycle one screen and each time you toggle down it will turn ON and OFF some of the OSD options. This action will depend on some of the menu settings. If the "If R/C link lost" menu item is set to anything other than “failsafe”, you can navigate and change items on the autopilot submenu by using the elevator and rudder sticks. In order to allow these actions, the servo outputs will stay at the values they had just before entering the submenu. You can’t control the plane while navigating the submenu. To gain control just cycle screen again. If while you are navigating the submenu the RC link is lost, the OSD will automatically go out of the submenu to allow faster retake of control. Also if you enter the autopilot submenu with any of the autopilot modes activated, on the autopilot menu screen the autopilot will switch to level flight, and resume the previous autopilot mode after leaving the menu screen.

Alex Villa

Super Moderator
Martin, I dont feel comfortable testing autopilot untill I break the 200mts mark. You testing at 100mts up was kinda scary.

Ken Crawford

Thanks Martin, very nice.

One more question on your DX6i setup. Under the Flaps menu what do you have your Norm and Land settings at?

Thanks,

Ken

Martin Y

Martin, I dont feel comfortable testing autopilot untill I break the 200mts mark. You testing at 100mts up was kinda scary.
I know its odd Alex but it doesn't bother me being that low. One thing is I dont think "level flight" activates when I go into the menu.

Martin Y

It does activate if you go in to the menu with any stabilization mode active.
So if nothing is active it wont go into level flight. As in the video when I go into the menu (1:28 , 2:43)the plane starts to veer off.

Last edited: