Latest firmare version for your OSD

Discussion in 'RVOSD' started by Alex Villa, May 18, 2010.

1. viper1

viper1 Member

Dec 26, 2013
    If you are happy with it, you might as well stay with it.

2. viper1

viper1 Member

Dec 26, 2013
    The links in the email notification don't work either Alex....

3. burn

burn Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Thanks viper1!

Yesterday I maidened my skywalker (LOS) and later on discovered on the footage I recorded on my groundstation that speed was showing 0 (zero) all time. Is this a known bug in my firmware?

Another thing I just encountered: I switched from Advanced to Simple as well in AHI as overall display. However, everytime I restart or reset RVOSD it shows Advanced AHI and Advanced layout. I need to flick the switch that I've set for cycling through screens once in order to activate the simple view. After that it will stay in simple view and advanced won't show up again. This behaviour doesn't seem like a feature to me, but rather like a bug?

@Alex Villa: I don't know if you have changed anything in forum settings, but I didn't get a notification mail of new posts this time, although I'm subscribed to this thread (I got one before, however).

4. burn

burn Member

Aug 3, 2012
  5. viper1

viper1 Member

Dec 26, 2013
    Hard to tell what caused it, maybe you took off before RVOSD was fully initialized, or check "Speed select" setting in the menu (Main 2/4) it should be on GPS (assuming you don't have a pitot)
    Make sure you "Save Configuration" (Main 4/4) after making changes before you switch off or disconnect the battery

@Alex Villa: I don't know if you have changed anything in forum settings, but I didn't get a notification mail of new posts this time, although I'm subscribed to this thread (I got one before, however).[/QUOTE]

6. burn

burn Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Although I am certain that RVOSD was fully initialized, I realize that there is a possibility that something went wrong during intiialization. So far this only happened once. I'll keep an eye on this.

As for Simple view mode and AHI: I did save configuration and checked/saved it 4 more times, always with the same result. Simple mode will only display after first time cylcing of screens. Anyway, I can live with that, only wasn't used to it from RVOSD 5.

7. burn

burn Member

Aug 3, 2012
    #607 burn, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 11, 2017
    Ok, I have a problem here. After flashing both boards I get this screen:

Going back to 6.04 and 6.01 gives the same result.

Device was autodetected by PICKit2 software as dspic33fj128gp306A. I don't think that this is the right type, though.

Please help!

P. S.: I had updated the PICKit2 device list to the latest available (I think - found it here: Experimenter's corner)

Wow, this is embarassing, I realize I missed the part where I had to cycle screens in order to get the ID generated. My bad. And my apologies :oops:

Alex, sent you a PM with my ID.

Attached Files:

8. LulaNord

LulaNord New Member

May 29, 2017
    Male
    #608 LulaNord, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    Hi...i am a new user here. As per my knowledge Making one firmware compatible with all applications can as you know get pretty complicated. Another approach maybe could be to have patches available for specific functions and let each user decide on their own configuration.

low cost pcb assembly

9. viper1

viper1 Member

Dec 26, 2013
    Thanks......

:confused::rolleyes:

10. Neo360

Neo360 Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Male
    Hi all

@Alex Villa i am back :) how are you?

Just a question on my RVOSD i have a previous firmware, i have the 5.1 board version did you improve the code for my version?

11. Flyfx

Flyfx New Member

May 7, 2013
    Hello Alex!
    Where can I find the firmware for the Main board with v6.03 and Graphics board with v6.00. I need to disable the transmission of the telemetry to ground station. RVOSD version 5.1

12. AJ77

AJ77 New Member

Jul 19, 2017
    Male
    #612 AJ77, Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    Hey @viper1 ,

1. just to confirm before flashing all my Gen6 (WITHOUT RVlink)...
    Can I also use the FW version G6.03 / M6.07 with latest throttle/alt management and thermal assist, or is that only functional for Gen6 WITH RVlink ???

2. I am experiencing a little AHI drift upwards in pitch (+10deg) within 1 full circle while thermalling, after wings level it slowly comes down to normal pitch again.
    Problem is, in FBW the plane will follow this pitch up while turning and stall. Is there a way to adjust the centripetal compensation (menu item is no longer there), to maybe smooth this out some more? My FW version is G6.01/ M6.04

Appreciate any assistance ;)

3. Addition... just flew again today and the AHI moves between 10deg UP and 20deg DOWN during full circles (40deg bank). This is while gliding in thermals - motor is OFF. Board temp is constant 47C (OAT 33C). After 2 flight I got strange readings on the summary screen:
    Max Alt. 1st flight read 4766m (570m in reality)
    Max Alt 2nd flight read 25677m (540m in reality)
    All other summary screen values matched the real flight performance, the Max Alt readings are nonsense. I never saw any incorrect or malfunctioning baro altitude indication during the flights !

13. AJ77

AJ77 New Member

Jul 19, 2017
    Male
    Hi @Alex Villa ,

I have updated my whole fleet to newest RVOSD FW, could you please send me the following unlock codes?

GEN 5.0 - ID:61450:9445
    GEN 6 - ID:59624:6358
    GEN 6 - ID:48799:7064
    GEN 6 - ID:44726:9481

Pls also see question No.1 in post above ;)
    Thanks !

14. electrodanza

electrodanza New Member

Sep 7, 2015
  15. Alex Villa

Alex Villa Super Moderator

Oct 16, 2008
    Dominican Republic
    The very lastest firmware for RVOSD G6 does work with the UBLOX M8 series.

16. electrodanza

electrodanza New Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Hey Alex,

good news for me... How can I change the gps modul (only Plug another GPS)??? Can you offer five gps modules???

17. electrodanza

electrodanza New Member

Sep 7, 2015
  18. electrodanza

electrodanza New Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Please let me know the Firmware number for main and graphic board.

Thanks

19. electrodanza

electrodanza New Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Hey Alex,

I ordered a bunch of the ublox sam-m8q from drotek. Please let me know the parameters what I should change in u-center...

Thanks Patrick

20. Alex Villa

Alex Villa Super Moderator

Oct 16, 2008
    Dominican Republic
    I think they should just plug and play. If not, let me know.