Latest firmare version for your OSD

Jacek

RVOSD v6.0 programming with PICkit 3

Jacek are you trying to write both files connected only to the main board? Each board has its own port.
REALLY ? :)) I did not know I thought both .HEX files go to single chip ( FLASH and RAM ) on same CPU
I am not quite sure to which board I was writing , I wasn't paying attention and I cannot tell which one is it ( not indicated anywhere on the top )
Check the picture, it's where I connected PICkit 3 programmer. Let me know which board is that ?
I have RVOSD6
If there are 2 programming ports then all is simple and easy.
FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:

Martin Y

That is the graphic board. Think main is written on the other. Look at first post in this thread. You will have to get a new unlock code also.

Jacek

RVOSD with PICkit v3 firmware update

ok I found some time and updated both boards on my RVOSD 6
Main board to version 6.06 and video board to version 6.02
as of FEB 2016 these are the latest firmware files.

I also found that PIC chip for main board had different Part number , that was important to know because software for programming these chips wants exactly specific choice not just "PIC 33 family " like it was in old software.
so, there are the pic chip part numbers:

RVOSD v6 video board chip : dsPIC33FJ256GP506A

RVOSD v6 main board chip : dsPIC33FJ128GP306A

here is picture from programming main board with picKIT v3
PICkit3_RVOSD_main_board_programming.jpg

viper1

ok I found some time and updated both boards on my RVOSD 6
Main board to version 6.06 and video board to version 6.02
as of FEB 2016 these are the latest firmware files.
Actually not, the latest I am using is:
Video: 6.03 Sensor: 6.07.
But they are not "Main" releases yet I think.

I also found that PIC chip for main board had different Part number , that was important to know because software for programming these chips wants exactly specific choice not just "PIC 33 family " like it was in old software.
I am using a Pickit 2 but I never have to put in a part nr. or anything like that. "PIC 33 family" works fine with mine.
Not sure what you mean with: "like it was in old software"? - Which software do you mean?

Jacek

Pickit 2 programming software is absolete ( removed from oem website ) and pickit 2 is no longer for sale, check microchip.com

Jacek

True they are discontinued, but you can still buy them on Ebay for example.
The software (PICkit 2 V2.61) is still downloadable from the microchip.com website, although not easy to find.

http://www.microchip.com/Developmenttools/ProductDetails.aspx?PartNO=PG164120
yes but I borrowed Martin's PICkit3 and did not know there are 2 different software packages ( 1 for PICkit2 and another for PICkit3 to program RVOSD, anyway I found it, programmed both boards successfully and now waiting for unlock code and unlock procedure from Alex.

Earl

Hi, I have a big problem : I own a RVOSD G4 and by mistake updated the graphic board to Graph_2.20.hex. Now, when I power it, I see a bugged screen with partial text (unreadable). I can't find the g4 graphic firmware, can I have it ?

Alex Villa

Super Moderator
Long time since I worked with those G4 boards, still I think this firmware is the one you need. Now lets hope I still can unlock that.
View attachment Graph_4.0.hex

Hi, I have a big problem : I own a RVOSD G4 and by mistake updated the graphic board to Graph_2.20.hex. Now, when I power it, I see a bugged screen with partial text (unreadable). I can't find the g4 graphic firmware, can I have it ?

Alex Villa

Super Moderator
Alex, Is it possible to get the firmware for two current sensors (working on a solar project) .
Yes, is possible. You do need to have a second current sensor available. Let me know which one you have and I can compile a firmware with that option enabled. You will need to flash both main and graphic board firmware. Then you need to modify the current sensor so it does not use the built in voltage regulator, but 5 Volt from the temperature/RSSI input on RVOSD(second current sensor goes plugged to it).

Let me know if you can do all this and I will prepare some instructions.

Mando

Hi Alex.

I just received the RVLRS for my previous RVOSD I bough 2 years ago and I would like you to confirm what is the latest firmware for both boards.

Alex Villa

Super Moderator
Last edited:

Mando

Hi ALex,

Thank you for your answer and update files. I´ll flash both boards and certainly I´m going to need an unlock code, so can you tell me where to send you a private message...? By the way, is there a User´s Manual for RVOSD 6 or manual of the Gen5 is OK...?