Latest firmare version for your OSD

viper1

You do not have to take the boards apart, just apply some side pressure to the pin connector while updating.

Rolf65

Error after upgrade G6

My G6 was ok before upgrade of firmware on my RvJet. Only reason was to enable support for the new G6 current sensor...

The upgrade was completed successfully on both the main+graph boards.

After the unlock code was entered in the call-sign....I saved settings, and restarted the RVOSD by resetting battery...

Problem...

Was able to change the RSSI settings, RC controller to PPM and some other non important settings.
Cannot enter radio controller wizard as the aileron just starts stuttering/shaking and the menu switch back to the "front page 0"...and I'm unable to go further when pressing "menu" on the remote...

What can be wrong?

[video]https://youtu.be/7c_Rh0-Lr3Q[/video]

Alex Villa

Super Moderator
If the OSD stops working then probably the flashing process was not completely successful, try reflashing the main board first, if this does not fix the issue then re-flash the graph board also.
Make sure to use the appropriate firmware set! When main board firmware does not match graph board firmware, strange things could happen.

Rolf65

Ok, I will try reflash again tomorrow then. The version used are the M6.06_H6.00_d001.hex / G6.02_H6.00_d002.hex
Let me know if that's incorrect. :)

viper1

Why don't you upgrade to the latest? (M6.07_H6.00_r003.hex / G6.03_H6.00_r002.hex) That way you don't have to go through the unlock process again later...?

Rolf65

Why don't you upgrade to the latest? (M6.07_H6.00_r003.hex / G6.03_H6.00_r002.hex) That way you don't have to go through the unlock process again later...?
I just DL the latest versions on page1. Are theese official or beta?

Last edited:

Rolf65

If the OSD stops working then probably the flashing process was not completely successful, try reflashing the main board first, if this does not fix the issue then re-flash the graph board also.
Make sure to use the appropriate firmware set! When main board firmware does not match graph board firmware, strange things could happen.
Reloaded the fw on the main board, worked ok this time! :)

PMV1812

Help about AUTOPILOT flashinrg
I flash one more time the main Board of my RVOSD G6.
When i restart the RVOSD in default config, The autopilot output Line is AIRPLANE but i have The 2 ailerons move with the aileron stick of my radio.
After change The autopilot output Line to AIRPLANE -DIFF AILERON, only one aileron works. The second aileron witch is connect in the rudder output don't work.
I change the radio control but The problem stay.
I Think, sorry Sir, it is problem with the last firmware of the main bord.
Can you make what is nessessary about this défault please Sir ? I hope.
Thanks Sir

ommadawn

Hi Alex,
Have you any information on whether RV intend to issue a firmware release that includes some of the latest G6 firmware features compatible with the earlier RVOSD versions? I'm particularly interested in the thermal tracking mode.
Earlier postings indicated that backward compatible firmware was forthcoming. I was wondering whether Vova might have changed his mind.

Alex Villa

Super Moderator
Hi Alex,
Have you any information on whether RV intend to issue a firmware release that includes some of the latest G6 firmware features compatible with the earlier RVOSD versions? I'm particularly interested in the thermal tracking mode.
Earlier postings indicated that backward compatible firmware was forthcoming. I was wondering whether Vova might have changed his mind.
Ok here is the thing, I have being working RVOSD firmware based on the G6 platform for quite some time now. While it might be possible to try making all this to work back on the G5. But not sure if I am going to ever find time to do so.
Is not Vova's call, but depends all on me, and the available time. My guess is it is not going to happen, I have already enough projects on the pipeline. Sorry about this guys, but the changes are so important now that trying to make this work on the G5 can cause a lot of unexpected bugs to show up with the subsequent debug time required.
So, it is possible but not likely.

ommadawn

Ok Thanks for clearing that up Alex. I was going to keep on waiting for the upgrade, but now might just have to bite the bullet and buy RVOSD G6. This will be my #5.
It probably makes better business sense in any case, as RV will clear more stock of G6 than if the G5 was almost as capable.
I had intended to wait until the G6 was fully developed before pulling the trigger on one, but I cant see the point in delaying any more.

ommadawn

Ok that is done. I will soon have yet ANOTHER RVOSD. G6 on the way. Cant wait to play with the thermal assist..
FWIW, has anyone ever managed to get RTH working on a G1?
I can remember messing with it years ago, trialling an external stabilization system, but didnt have much luck.

Martin Y

My G2 works like a charm but don't know how much different from the G1 it is. The thermal sensors worked ok but not over water.

ommadawn

G1 had no stabilization, so it was hit n miss. G2 was the first with the X/Y IR sensors. I think G3 had X/Y/Z IR sensors.

Gus5610

Ok that is done. I will soon have yet ANOTHER RVOSD. G6 on the way. Cant wait to play with the thermal assist..
FWIW, has anyone ever managed to get RTH working on a G1?
I can remember messing with it years ago, trialling an external stabilization system, but didnt have much luck.
I have the modified G1 with IR sensor. The sensors does work but the software is not working. It never go to the nurture position. The rudder either goes to full right or full left and the elevator also goes to full up or down. The plan will fly like a dolphin up and down. I have bought this one but never let it work out because it is a junk. I just waste of money for this one and I have G4 and G5 which are working very well.

HQFlyer

@Alex Villa

Is it possible for the next firmware that we allowed to display the watt, which you use in your queen bee?

ommadawn

How about a proximity sensor that plugs into RSSI, to display prop RPM? This would be a better metric than current for controlling motor thrust.