Latest firmare version for your OSD

Ghawkins

Hi Alex,

Can you explain these glitches I am getting?
this is one flight at the weekend. the RSSI drops out to zero and regains instantly, the temp also loses 10 deg at the same time and regains.
setup been on skywalker for around 12 months, noticed it once before in preveous flight. but this flight does it a dozen times. resister is in the rssi line to dragon link rx running latest firmware since may. rvosd is on latest firmware since march
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsjp-UAzKCE&list=UUkMAp-jVFp7nmBMIMWwdYCA

Gary

Last edited:

Dionysos

I can explain those to you :D
You have found the reason why I don't use DragonLink anymore. Have fun trying to contact master mike about this, in his ideal world it works perfectly, as in - perfectly like yours.

You have 3 choices out of which I recommend 2:

1. Since it's covered by the legendary "full product warranty" send it back, wait for up to 3 months depending on your location, get a new unit, have the same problem again. Not recommended
2. Throw your dragonlink away and get another LRS: EZUHF, Scherrer, Rangelink. I'm a geek. I tried all of those, took them apart, tested them... They're all good. Better than DL.
3. Live with it. yes that simple, it happens even when you place the TX next to your plane and just watch the plane for like 15mins, it just goes into FS randomly. If you feel like you're a "hobby person", it makes sense to live with it, if you fly UAVS, choose option 2.

BTW this is a FW issue, take my word for it. Prematurly released without proper testing. They did release a new version somewhen this year to address the problem of multiple users operating different brand LRS at the same time. Dragonlinks are known to just fall out of the sky. Apparently this probelm got addressed - not sure about your problem - but I didn't dig deeper. Was a sinking ship for me not worth pursuing anymore.

Dio

Last edited:

Ghawkins

Hi Dionysos, thanks for your input. interesting however ive used EZUHF and sold it as my dragon link out performed it by far. note this setup has been on this frame with latest D/L firmware for 4 months or so and I fly most weekends without issue so why would it just start now if it was D/L firmware? is it like an airborne virus :)

I have Dragon link also on a Z11 wing, Radian, Blackout hex and H quad, TBS disco and never had a single issue with all of these frames so why am I having an issue with Rvosd ONLY?
to me it seems to be something to do with the RSSI pin and D/L rx as when the RSSI drops so does the temperature which is controlled by the same rvosd pin out?

I can explain those to you :D
You have found the reason why I don't use DragonLink anymore. Have fun trying to contact master mike about this, in his ideal world it works perfectly, as in - perfectly like yours.

You have 3 choices out of which I recommend 2:

1. Since it's covered by the legendary "full product warranty" send it back, wait for up to 3 months depending on your location, get a new unit, have the same problem again. Not recommended
2. Throw your dragonlink away and get another LRS: EZUHF, Scherrer, Rangelink. I'm a geek. I tried all of those, took them apart, tested them... They're all good. Better than DL.
3. Live with it. yes that simple, it happens even when you place the TX next to your plane and just watch the plane for like 15mins, it just goes into FS randomly. If you feel like you're a "hobby person", it makes sense to live with it, if you fly UAVS, choose option 2.

BTW this is a FW issue, take my word for it. Prematurly released without proper testing. They did release a new version somewhen this year to address the problem of multiple users operating different brand LRS at the same time. Dragonlinks are known to just fall out of the sky. Apparently this probelm got addressed - not sure about your problem - but I didn't dig deeper. Was a sinking ship for me not worth pursuing anymore.

Dio

Last edited:

Dionysos

Those RSSI dips look exactly the same as I had them. Random drops with no apparent reason. I know another guy from Denmark, same thing. It's really a DL virus :). If your other OSD's are using some capacitance, i.e. caps to smoothen the RSSI reading, you may not notice these dips. That could explain it, but you would still notice the FS (that didn't occur that frequently as seen in the video).

what temperature are you using? Internal / external?

Did you solder a resistor in the RSSI line to bring the voltage down? it could affect your temp. reading.

RSSI dropping to 0% and then going into FS has nothing to do with the RVOSD. The temp. reading dropping while the RSSI dips is funny though, should not be.

DL outperforming an EZUHF is new to me. Complaining about Immersion customer support's rude answers is not new, however...

Dio

Last edited:

tracar

i agree with choice 2 also,,,, sell off all the crap and ger a scherrer, i play high ;) i play low, and miles out,it works well around other radio setups too,, just ask KE123 , and never had an issue with connection
although i did have an issue with my 9X radio not giving the 433tx the current it needed and limiting my distance to 400 meters, but thats another story fix: ( rewired the 433tx v+ to the on off switch in the radio )

i had a similar deal once with thr RSSI drop out and RTH engaging, but that was from me not calibrating the radio to the rssi setup in the rvosd..

Ghawkins

Ok, I've discovered i was on the old D/L firmware my new gen updated must of failed back in May when i did it. there is a quick test you can do on the tx to confirm firmware so I've updated tonight, i will try again at the weekend maybe it is a bug in the old firmware of D/L I've spoken to Mike on this tonight.
yes i have a resistor soldered into my rssi line.
thanks tracer on your suggestion and your opinion on D/L as well. as i recall just a while back all the issues they were having with scherrer systems kinda put me off them a bit.

ommadawn

I have been using the Mk1 Dragon Link system for about 5 years without an issue. Never bothered upgrading the firmware. Brilliant. Simple Reliable.
Never pushed it past 25km, but thats far enough for me.
Only ever had one Rx die, and thats after heaps of crashes.

Alex Villa

Super Moderator
External temperature and RSSI analog port are the same, this is why they both change together. You cant use both, it is one or the other.
I don't have a Dragon link system, however looking at the video It seems like the link is being lost in one of the frequency hops.

Maybe you don have a powerful Transmitter nearby using that frequency sometimes.

al_lih

Explain, please, together with a firmware of M6.06_H6.00_d001 it is necessary to put G6.02_H6.00_d002, or it isn't mandatory? My RVOSD 6 doesn't want to be flash above M6.03_H6.00_r002, writes "Video: 6.00, Sensor: 0.00". I didn't flash a graphics card yet.

Hola Alex:

What information do I need to provide you to flash both boards? Do I need to get some security code?

Thanks,
Roberto Espinoza

HQFlyer

@Alex Villa

How can i find more information about the new firmware especially how can i work with the thermal assist?

Thanks

seaQ

@Alex Villa

Tried to PM you but your inbox is full!

I need some unlock codes for my two OSD:s that I just upgraded:

RVOSD G2 with G5 graph board updated to 5.07 with 5.05b graph
ID: 38795:18394

RVOSD G5 updated to 5.10? with 5.05b graph
ID: 18679:38918

Thanks!

ommadawn

Hi Alex,
Im still running an old G4 with G5 upgrade board. One of my 4 RVOSDs.
Any chance there is a firmware release that adds the ASI mod for the G4/5 converted?
I use ASI on my 2 G5s.
Cheers
Frank