January ENDS in 11 Days

Some stuff was changed... taking longer than expected...
After this little fiasco I am willing to bet that they will never give an ETA on a release date again lol...
When will it be ready? Soon...

Martin Y

Some stuff was changed... taking longer than expected...
After this little fiasco I am willing to bet that they will never give an ETA on a release date again lol...
When will it be ready? Soon...
You know this how? And it's been a year or 2 in the making.

Martin Y

Yea I know, just venting. But you cant put this on one holiday weelend. It easy to plan around it.
Gung Hay Fat Choy

CaptnKliegle

Wow, drunk typing again I see (last minute editing at 0225PST)? Or you got into your GF's heart meds she left out on the counter?

Atleast she had the courtesy of leaving this site peacefully, only after editing every post with the word "Bye". You on the other hand, have to stir it up with others on here, after editing the word "later" on your previous posts. Gee, did you get that idea all by yourself?

Why don't you go over to Eagle Tree and buy from them, they want only $89.99.

BTW, when you make a childish rant like below, better spelling might help get the proper message across....

For those folks that are not native English speakers, I have translated the following for you:

addvertising = Advertising is a form of communication intended to persuade an audience (viewers, readers or listeners) to purchase or take some action upon products, ideas, or services...

hes = his: the possessive form of he
MAGER = Meager: Deficient in quantity, fullness, or extent; scanty.
or
MAGER = major: Greater in dignity, rank, importance, or interest.

its = it's: contraction of it is.

Now go take some Advil or Asprin, and get some sleep to clean your head.
Come back when you are more civilized.

Caio!

what! that is false addvertising!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the site said $100 for the ground station for years and years!! what the fuck!!!!! you better tell him he cant sell it for more then its been addvertising on hes site for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im ready to get sue happy here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your wrong mrleenagl !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can copy and past it for you = Approx cost $100 USD. this is what it says on the site to this day !!!!!! dont go saying things about the cost of this product that cant be changed after the site has been addvertising it for $100 USD for years!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHY DONT YOU READ WHAT IT SAYS ON THE RANGE VIDEO SITE BEFORE YOU GO POSTING LIES THAT WILL GET RANGE VIDEO A MAGER LAWSUIT SLAPPED ON THEM!!!!!!!
its also false addvertising for them to say its coming this month and not deliver! shut up mrleenagle! stop posting lies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex Villa

Super Moderator
Well, Lee is right on the price of the G5 upgrade. At least this is what we are aiming to.
However the ground station is not going to be 200-250.
We want to make it 100-150.

derek_s

So is there a new estimate on release date? I am really wondering, it appears several FPV mfgs are stringing out people with slow releases. Is this a marketing tactic to build up tension? At this point I am almost willing to sell my RVOSD to go with a DOSD, assuming they release theres first (they are dragging release anticipation out too)

BTW< not looking for excuses, I am just getting impatient. Been waiting very long now, and really like my OSD

Last edited:

iw28

stepped into the new month, and still nothing, very sad :(

I can wait, but hope to see some pictures of it (groundstation).... :)

ommadawn

Thats what were here for.
Its a pretty steep learning curve as theres a lot of settings to become familiar with. Probably a good idea to start reading some of the instruction sheets to get a feel for how it works before you take delivery.

Alex Villa

Super Moderator
Ok guys, since this manufacturing thing keeps getting delayed I will use the extra time to improve it as much as possible.
Here is a video from yesterday. Notice I tried to make the ladders less intrusive and added a Gforce indicator that can be enabled-disabled in menus.
I would love to know opinions about.
Also the G5 firmware will work on G3-4 if there is somebody brave enough that want to test it, send me a PM. An added plus is that it has way-point sequencer enabled.

Last edited:

martinv

Ok guys, since this manufacturing thing keeps getting delayed I will use the extra time to improve it as much as possible.
Here is a video from yesterday. Notice I tried to make the ladders less intrusive and added a Gforce indicator that can be enabled-disabled in menus.
I would love to know opinions about.
Also the G5 firmware will work on G3-4 if there is somebody brave enough that want to test it, send me a PM. An added plus is that it has way-point sequencer enabled.
Looks good.
The ladders didn't bother me before, I think that's kind of the point of the 'F16' display, intentionally obtrusive. The small ladders don't bother me either though.
I think a bar graph style Gforce meter would be a great addition for pilots that like to fly stunts, or 'dogfight'. Similar to the gps signal strength meter but with many more yet thinner and closer spaced bars.
Is the IMU working well? If it outperforms the thermal sensors significanly I will be very pleased.

Last edited:

Alex Villa

Super Moderator
Is the IMU working well? If it outperforms the thermal sensors significanly I will be very pleased.
All the videos of G5 I have being posting are with inertial sensors. I think it is a significant improvement over IR sensors. Right now I only have to do 4 steps to get RVOSD autopilot ready to go from defaults.
I noticed AHI errors of 5-10 degrees at worst and this is because the inertial system use the GPS to compensate centripetal and linear accelerations, so if there is strong winds the GPS course and speed could be way off the airplane heading and speed. But notice that in the video I had unusually strong winds and still the autopilot performed flawlessly.
Right now the most important thing I have to do is make sure the propeller is balanced as well as the motor. If so it is pretty much plug and fly.
The Gforce indicator can measure up to 8G. I dont like the idea of adding another gauge to the F16 screen. But probably will test it to see how it looks.
I am preparing a very unusual FPV ship, it has differential ailerons. And with the power plant I used will probably do top speeds over 200Km/h. So I will have the time to test how useful is this G-force thing.

Martin Y

Great video there Alex. New features look promising. Now hurry the Hell up and get this stuff out.

Just pulling your chain Alex, all's good.

Martin Y