Hardware rvosd problem?

OzFlyer

[video=vimeo;47763127]https://www.vimeo.com/47763127[/video]Not sure if this is a hardware issue or not. I hopefully don't need to send back again:confused:
Anyway here is a video. I notice the ahi roll to work perfectly. However when plane pitches up or down ahi seems to lag quite a bit.

OzFlyer

Ok I just read someone else's report of this happening. They upgraded firmware. I will upgrade to 5.07 and cross fingers.

ommadawn

I think there is a bug related to whether the main or aux battery is connected first, that results in sluggish AHI. Have you tried reconnecting in different sequence?

Alex Villa

Super Moderator
There is three gyroscopes on RVOSD, one for each axis X-Y-Z. Also accelerometers for all axis. I assume that on this video you have initialized the OSD properly, by letting it stand still for the first 30 seconds after power up. This is the initialization stage, and moving it during this period could lead to wrong gyro initialization.

The OSD does use the accelerometers to slowly compensate the gyros. Thus the problem on the video means the Y gyro is not working. Since both the X and Y gyros are on the same chip, I think the problem here is not the chip itself but a connection failure between the gyro and the microcontroller. This could be intermittent and probably caused by twisting of the board on a previous crash.

Check the debug screen for the raw values of all gyros, they all should be around 1500-1800 while standing still.

OzFlyer

What your saying is 100% correct. I have had a crash and the problem is intermittent. I am not exactly sure of the values you are asking for. But on the raw data screen I see pitch thermal 128 and roll thermal o. Also I notice that the menu is now out of sink. Eg I try to adjust menu item r/c receiver connected and menu item auto pilot output is the one that adjusts. I will definitely send back for repair. Is repair possible?

ommadawn

Have you tried separating the boards, checking all the pins and refitting them together? As described by Alex, it may be a connection issue between both boards.

Alex Villa

Super Moderator
I don't think is connection problem between both boards. The problem is on the gyro to graphic process MCU connection, this is all on top board. Connections between top and bottom board are all digital for the gyro and accelerometer values.