First FPV flight of the year.

Martin Y

Finally got some great weather to get out. Boring flight but was making sure all worked as it should. Just audio on recorder has to be checked
This is what you get when everything on the osd is dialed in..............i think.
Old G2 with upgraded board.
https://vimeo.com/95355547

Higgy

You guys are lucky, my first flight headed straight for the border. Should be over France about now...

Martin Y

Had my second flight day yesterday. Doesn't sound like much to others but I did my farthest flight at just over 2k. If the wind would have pissed off I would have gone farther today. Once the new craft is finished I should break that without a sweat. Still get a little nervous at times.

Higgy

An evil laugh, if ever I heard one. I think the twinstar has a 56" wingspan, so the new one looks to be 120"+
When do you plan to maiden?
Best of luck.

Higgy

Did you maiden the new one?
Are you flying with that joystick? How did you hack it into the transmitter?
By the way, are you the one who bolted on the tail of a twinstar? I saw that mod on one, years ago. I am about to build a new twinstar. If the bolts work, it would make transport and storage easier...
Cheers.

Martin Y

Havent maiden it yet Higgy.
Havent use the joystick yet. Want to make sure everthing work before transition to stick. Im using whats called a forcefly unit.
http://emrlabs.ca/index.php?pageid=1 also has force feedback to stick. I have it programmed into the 9xr through the trainer plug.
I did make the tail bolt on/ removable (not elevator) as I dont use rudder on the twinstar. So it just drops on and use a couple of nylon screws.
Trying to get things done but got a dumb on last month which slowed progress. Job became redundent then 2 weeks ago clutch went in car($3k plus other bits):(:( big sigh.
Did manage a couple of flights on weekend with twinstar. Did a PB for alt 515m

Higgy

Thanks for the quick response. EMR are proud of their work. That video transporter (or whatever) looked pretty good, till I saw the price. I can buy a decent DTE for $700.
Congrats on the altitude. Way to go what's next 1,000?

Martin Y

I tried the transporter system on last year. I know the developer of the systems. Made me woosie from the flickering between eyes.
I wish but not where I was from last video. Can't go much better. It's the airway to line up for landings and the big boys come in at just around 2 to 2500' unless I keep close watch.
Video converting now.