Experimenter's corner

mago

you can always remove one capacitor only, so you can have one "deghosted" output and other standard ones, so you can always have both options avaiable

kelly

I swear by them.......I have them on all my planes......it's RV's DX201..love em.
Cadders
I am always shocked by peoples videos using this camera , I got to get me one too !
it blows my mind that its only 540 lines and it seems to be the one that works best with the RVOSD. some thing to do with how well it handles light.

Last edited:

Alex Villa

Super Moderator
My DX201 died on an aborted take off, now i am using the seawolf. Light handling and sharpness is like day and night. I cant believe they are both pixim cameras and seawolf is supposed to be an improved version. Seawolf has a lot of menu adjusts, but cant make the WDR, white balance and sharpness to adjust properly, I think this is caused by bugs on the menu.
Lucky me Vova already sent me a new DX201. Sad thing is that once stock dries out, there will be no more. I hope Pixim will release an improved version of the seawolf.

jcajhen

One question more Cadders; what is the number parameter right from original HUD speed meter? Is it true airspeed comming from airspeed sensor?

cadders

Hi Jcajhen. The recoding device I use is an Archos 500. My setup is:
vtx 500 lawmate with a Skew Planar Wheel Antenna on 2.4GHz
I've added an airspeed module to my upgraded RVOSD, and yes the actual airspeed is the figure to the left of the ladder and the groundspeed is to the right.
I use an RVGS with 2 lawmate standard vrx's.
my antenna's are an 11dBi Helical and an 11dBi CP.

Cadders

jcajhen

I've added an airspeed module to my upgraded RVOSD, and yes the actual airspeed is the figure to the left of the ladder and the groundspeed is to the right.
Cadders
Hi Cadders, thanks for the info; I am using similar setup but can not get that sharp picture - maybe is the Archos 500 who's recorded that good.
True airspeed seems to work great, I wont't it!;
What airspeed sensor/pitot tube are you using - this one: http://unmannedtechshop.co.uk/Airspeed-Sensor-Kit ?
What version is your RCOSD - Gen 5? I have Ver3/upg. to V5 - do you know, is it posiblle to add airspeed sensor to my board?
What firmware version you have to work with Airspeed sensor?

Thx again for your answers.

R,J

cadders

Hi Jcajhen, yeah that's the airspeed sensor that I'm using. My RVOSD is an upgraded v3 and the FW I'm using can be found on about page 5 of the airspeed sensor thread. You'll probably find it on the experimenters corner.
Cadders

Jameson

I've got one question about loiter radius setting. If an airplane is approaching the home, how is calculated its course? To the circle defined by loiter radius or directly to the home? According to my tests it's to the circle, but I want to know if it supposed to be this way. I draw a simple picture:

loiter.jpg

So when RTH is triggered on, will it travel the route A or B?

Alex Villa

Super Moderator
Route A. It will always calculate an straight line course tangent to the circle and intersecting the actual airplane position.

Last edited:

Funky Diver

Just re the capacitor removal, Alex are you on NTSC? I'm guessing cadders is on PAL which may be the reason for the difference?

Just a thought

Alex Villa

Super Moderator
This is a pre-release of the new 5.07 firmware. I know some people will be happy with the current changes already made. And this is almost the same firmware released on the current hardware 5.1 batch.
This update is not for the current hardware version 5.1, it have being tested on G5 and G2,3,4 upgraded to G5.
It should work also on the older versions based on thermopiles, but I have not tested it. I will appreciate any reports on this.

If the feature you like most is on this list you can start using it from now :D.

-10% Increased OSD vertical resolution.
-New optional more complex AHI display.
-AHI can be adjusted to the camera FOV.
-Camera stabilization, this needs some soldering.
-Added loiter radius option for RTH.
-Added airspeed support. Fixed a display bug on the previous released airspeed fw.
-Added PC configuration commands so all menu settings can be done via computer also. The PC side will be released by Pascal http://calou.favier.free.fr/
-Temperature display can be selected to External, Internal, Both or Off.
-Line of sight distance will change to km or miles if greater than 1000 meters or feets. Ground distance will be always feet or meters.
-Fixed a bug that prevented the use of dual combined PPM Rx diversity, for use of RVOSD with two CPPM receivers.
-Another improvement to the inertial unit accuracy.
-Faster sync with video, this is useful for use with external camera switcher.
-Now the "GPS disconnected" advice will show at any time GPS communications are lost. On previous versions the advice only worked if home was not set.

First, you need to have the Pickit2 programmer , download the latest software version 2.61, and update to latest device list.

Load this firmware to the OSD smaller graphic board: Graph5.05b_h5.hex
Load this firmware to the OSD bigger main board: Main_5.07_r1.hex

The pickit2 will report verification failure, don't worry about that. After this you have to cycle power to the OSD, so it restarts. The OSD will be locked on a debug screen, Change the screens with the IR remote control until the a unique ID is generated on the screen #3. You have to send me a private mail with this ID, and I will send you a unlock code to be entered on the call sign menu item. The OSD will be unlocked and ready to go. Call sign can be set to OFF, or changed to whatever you like.

I usually send the code within 24-48hours. If you can't wait for this time don't even bother to try this firmware update.

Keep in mind that all parameters will be reset to factory defaults and you will need to configure the OSD again after programming.

Attachments

Last edited: