Circuit breaker in case of crash.

OzFlyer

I am just wondering if anyone has any idea of how a circuit breaker or fuse could be implemented into an fpv plane with rvosd. Maybe in the line from battery to current sensor? I am just thinking that if I go down and lose rc then my eflite motor wil be toast from the prop trying to turn on the dirt or in a tree.

Alex Villa

Super Moderator
I use the K-force series from HobbyKing(Re-branded Hobbywing ESC). It does shut motor OFF if prop get stuck.
However I never crashed while flying FPV, the only time I landed away from home was due to battery going empty. I did set cruise and glide throttle to zero preventing this from happening.
I recovered it next day with no damage other than puffed batteries.

Alex Villa

Super Moderator
Well, now that you mention it, I remember a crash.
I forgot to configure RC link detection properly(was testing a new firmware) and it was being triggered on full throttle. So on take off RTH was triggered and autopilot raised the plane wanting to turn back to home, but it was too low and there was a building on the path. So I toke manual control back while speed was too low. My inputs weren't as smooth as the autopilot and plane stalled, it was more like a forced landing with landing gear still down.
Lost one of the wheels, and had to change the servoless landing gear retract on one side.

OzFlyer

Thanks for the info on the esc. I might have to be ready to set the cruise and glide to zero for now. However it would help if I'm not to near the ground. I don't think I would be far enough away to lose rc if that was the case.

ommadawn

RTH is also helpful if you lose video, which is more likely than losing RC. I have never needed RTH for RC loss, but have relied on it many times during TV service interruptions.

"RV apologises for the break in transmission. Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible...":rolleyes: